CNEWS

Celebrity Entertainment News Blog

Dem Lawmaker Says DOJ Hid Six “Powerful” Men in Epstein Files — Here’s What We Know So Far

Dem Lawmaker Says DOJ Hid Six “Powerful” Men in Epstein Files — Here’s What We Know So Far

A Democratic congressman has ignited a fresh firestorm over the Jeffrey Epstein document releases, alleging that the Department of Justice improperly redacted the identities of six “wealthy, powerful men” — and that he and Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) uncovered them in just two hours of review.

The claims add a new layer of controversy to the already explosive trove of Epstein-related files, which were made public late last year after Congress passed the bipartisan Epstein Files Transparency Act. That legislation, co-authored by the same two lawmakers, forced the release of thousands of previously sealed records connected to the deceased financier and convicted sex offender.

What the lawmaker is alleging

After spending two hours reviewing redacted documents at the DOJ on Monday, the unnamed Democratic member said that six men had been concealed “for no apparent reason.”

“There were six wealthy, powerful men that the DOJ hid,” the congressman said. “When Congressman Massie and I pointed this out, they acknowledged their mistake and revealed the identities.”

He went further, questioning how many other names might still be hidden.

“If we found six men they were hiding in two hours, imagine how many men they are covering up for in three million files?” he said, hinting at far broader potential omissions.

The pair had previously said they would reveal the names on the House floor — a venue where members are constitutionally protected from defamation lawsuits.

DOJ pushes back

Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche has rejected the suggestion of a cover-up. He said that one heavily redacted document cited by the lawmakers actually contained the names of multiple victims, not associates of Epstein.

Blanche also noted that while another document had scrubbed the names of Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem and billionaire Les Wexner, both men appeared elsewhere in the larger document release — meaning, in his view, the DOJ was “hiding nothing.”

Who is Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem?

Of the six men, the most detailed revelations so far concern Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, the CEO of DP World — one of the globe’s largest logistics and port operators and a central figure in Dubai’s rise as a trade powerhouse.

According to the unsealed files, bin Sulayem exchanged a long-running series of sexually explicit emails with Epstein for more than a decade after Epstein’s 2008 conviction for soliciting a minor for prostitution.

In a September 2015 message, bin Sulayem bragged about a sexual encounter with a foreign exchange student, writing that she had “the best sex I ever had, amazing body.” Other correspondence reportedly included sexual references, nude images, and graphic descriptions of encounters.

The documents also tie bin Sulayem to Epstein’s notorious Caribbean properties. He allegedly helped Epstein acquire Little St. James — the private island federal prosecutors say was used for sex trafficking — and was photographed there.

When Epstein was barred from purchasing Great St. James because of his criminal record, a Virgin Islands company owned by bin Sulayem bought the island in 2016, according to Bloomberg. Emails suggest bin Sulayem later supported plans to develop both islands into private resorts for Epstein’s “customers and friends.”

Bin Sulayem, an heir to a powerful Emirati family with close ties to Dubai’s rulers, has not publicly responded to the latest disclosures.

What happens next?

The identities of the other five men have not yet been detailed in full, but the lawmakers say they intend to make them public.

Whether the episode leads to further releases, congressional hearings, or legal action remains unclear. What is certain is that, years after Epstein’s death, the fight over his network of associates — and what governments knew about them — is far from over.