CNEWS

Celebrity Entertainment News Blog

“This Ain’t It”: 50 Cent Slams ‘F–ked Up’ Airport Delays Amid Crippling Government Shutdown

NEW YORK / SHREVEPORT, LA – Hip-hop mogul 50 Cent has publicly aired his intense frustration with the devastating impact of the ongoing US government shutdown, particularly the chaos and major delays plaguing the nation’s airports. In a series of viral posts on Instagram, the G-Unit icon called the situation “f–ked up,” lamenting that the travel disruption was severe enough to ground even his private jet.

The shutdown, which began on October 1 and became the longest in U.S. history, had been causing massive operational failures in the country’s air travel system, largely due to federal employees like air traffic controllers working without pay or calling out sick due to the financial strain.

 

The Breakdown in Air Travel

 

On Sunday, November 9, 50 Cent’s frustration peaked. He initially shared a news montage showing clips of overrun airports and frustrated travelers, noting a headline that read, “More Than 700 Flights Cancelled Across the Nation Due to Shutdown.”

“Man the airport is f–ked up, for get about traveling right now!” the rapper, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, wrote in the caption, suggesting “all roads lead to Shreveport” instead.

Advertisements

His experience was backed by hard data:

  • Mass Cancellations: Over the weekend of November 8-9, thousands of flights were canceled across major U.S. metropolitan airports. Reports indicated that over 1,000 departures were canceled on Friday, November 7, alone. By Sunday, over 2,700 flights were canceled nationwide.
  • FAA Mandate: The widespread disarray was a direct result of the government pause. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) had been forced to issue an order to airlines to reduce traffic volume by up to 10% at 40 of the busiest airports nationwide to ease the strain on short-staffed air traffic controllers. This was done to maintain safety standards as many controllers were either retiring early or calling in sick, unwilling to work mandatory shifts without pay.

50 Cent then shared a video filmed from his own perspective while deplaning a private jet. His luxury travel plans were no longer exempt from the crisis. “It’s a wrap, man,” he said, adding that “Can’t even take off in jets no more, they just said they’re not even letting the jets go.” He captioned the clip, “Im headed back to Shreveport this ain’t it. Bad Travel day!”

 

From New York to Louisiana: Political Criticisms

 

The travel chaos prompted 50 Cent to head back to Shreveport, Louisiana, where he opened his G-Unit Studios in April 2024 and has been focusing much of his business and creative energy.

The rapper’s frustration with the federal government’s shutdown crisis comes shortly after he publicly criticized a major governmental change in his native New York. Earlier in November, the hip-hop legend had taken issue with the election of Zohran Mamdani as the new Mayor of New York City.

50 Cent specifically voiced concern over Mamdani’s progressive policy platform, which included a 2% tax on residents earning over $1 million annually and proposed measures like free bus fare and universal childcare funded by wealthy New Yorkers.

In a now-deleted post, 50 Cent wrote of the Democratic Socialist Mayor-elect: “I think his intentions are good. But his Tax plan is gonna run the big money out of the city and if he defunds the police they are gonna purge. @50centaction All Roads lead to SHREVEPORT !